Monday, May 26, 2008

To Taize

I have my train ticket to Taize and so leave for there this morning. I doubt that I will have internet access there, so you may not hear from me for awhile.


Taize is a community of religious people, founded by Brother Roger, who was Swiss Reformed. But according to Rich Meyer, he also was accepted into the Roman Catholic fold without having to renounce his Swiss Reformed identity. So he was both Roman Catholic and Protestant. He did not convert, but accepted the authority of the pope. It is the only such case that I have heard of.


Taize is mostly meant for young people, but they allow a few older folks like me to be around as well. Worship is central to their life. So this is a week of spiritual retreat for me. You can learn about Taize at http://www.taize.fr/en

No comments: